Have you ever wondered what are the benefits of almonds? Well, almonds have a great infinity of beneficial properties for health, and the fact is that almonds are one of the most nutritious nuts on the planet.
Almonds help us to take care of ourselves both inside and out and have been used since ancient times due to their multiple curative and preventive properties.
Although their properties are multiple and we all know that almonds are good for our health, we leave you with the 7 most interesting benefits of almonds that you may not know.
- 1 Health benefits of almonds
- 1.0.1 1. First of the benefits of almonds: fighting the signs of ageing
- 1.0.2 2. They are a natural source of energy
- 1.0.3 3. Almonds improve your memory
- 1.0.4 4. Lower bad cholesterol
- 1.0.5 5. Take care of your cardiovascular health
- 1.0.6 6. Almonds are rich in vitamins
- 1.0.7 7. The last of the benefits of almonds: they are antioxidants.
Health benefits of almonds
1. First of the benefits of almonds: fighting the signs of ageing
Almonds, like other nuts, are rich in antioxidants and vitamin E, omega-3 and ellagic acid that help the skin avoid the actions of free radicals, which cause premature ageing.
2. They are a natural source of energy
It is said that a handful of almonds have enough carbohydrates to provide us with the necessary energy to face even the most demanding day. In addition, the iron they contain helps us fight anaemia.
3. Almonds improve your memory
It has been proven that its regular consumption can increase brain function and memory so that this organ remains lucid and active. That is why its consumption is recommended to students during exam periods.
4. Lower bad cholesterol
In number 4 we found that consuming almonds daily reduces bad cholesterol and decreases the accumulation of fat in the abdomen. The results were very positive. A daily serving of 56 g of almonds managed to decrease the levels of total cholesterol, bad LDL cholesterol, triglycerides and non-HDL cholesterol.
5. Take care of your cardiovascular health
We also know that almonds strengthen and protect the walls of the arteries thanks to the amino acids and fatty acids they contain. That is why studies have proven that people who consume this food daily have a fifty per cent greater chance of reducing the risk of suffering a heart attack and other cardiovascular diseases.
6. Almonds are rich in vitamins
Almonds are an important source of vitamin E and magnesium and also provide protein, fiber, healthy fats, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, zinc and iron.
7. The last of the benefits of almonds: they are antioxidants.
Finally, and as we already mentioned, almonds are very rich in Vitamin E, which is a very powerful antioxidant, and just consuming 30 grams of almonds a day, is enough to cover up to 63% of our daily needs. They also have anti-inflammatory properties.
Last but not least, if you are looking for a different way to introduce the delicious flavour of almonds in your daily recipes, in the easiest and simplest way, then you can’t miss this Extra Virgin Olive Oil Sweet Almond Aromatic. A high-quality coupage EVOO perfect for your desserts, salads, cheeses, creams and sauces, it will surprise you!