Monkfish with mushroom sauce and extra virgin olive oil
Ingredients Monkfish with mushroom sauce and extra virgin olive oil for 4 people
This is an original recipe for monkfish. Usually the monkfish is not battered, and the fact that it is served with a mushroom sauce makes it a completely different recipe.
- 600 grs. of monkfish
- olive oil
- flour 2 eggs
- For the mushroom sauce:
- 500 grams of mushrooms
- 1 onion
- 1 leek
- 1 carrot
- 1 glass of sherry or white wine
- fish stock
- 1 dl. of liquid cream
- Step 1: Cut the monkfish into 1 cm slices, add salt, dip in flour and egg and fry. Set aside.
- Step 2: Chop the vegetables and poach in oil over low heat (that does not take color). When tender, add the sherry and fish stock. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Step 3: Crush, pass through the Chinese and add the liquid cream.
- Step 4: Bring to a boil and put in the pan the monkfish fillets. Cook 2 minutes and let it rest 5 minutes